Mt. Diablo Unified School District (“District”) partners with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. We have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery as part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility. Flyers are posted to a webpage and are distributed through email and/or text. The following information provides instructions and the protocols for using the Peachjar electronic flyer system. Beginning March 2, 2015, paper flyers from community groups and organizations will no longer be accepted for distribution.
Community Groups and Organizations
All requests for flyer distribution by community groups or organizations must first be approved by the District Office through the Peachjar system prior to being posted to a school(s) Peachjar page. In order to be eligible to use the Peachjar system you must be a local non-profit organization with a valid 501(c)(3) tax ID. The only exception is for providers of after school enrichment classes, which are held on school campuses.
Peachjar charges organizations a fee for this service. Please visit www.peachjar.com for more information. All flyers to be distributed from a community group or organization must:
- Originate from a local non-profit organization with a valid 501(c)(3) tax ID;
- Non-profit organizations are required to upload their letter of determination from the Internal Revenue Service indicating their non-profit status into their Peachjar account;
- Support the District’s mission and framework for excellence;
- Directly benefit students or be of intrinsic value to students and/or parents;
- Not directly conflict with District programs;
- Contain the group’s name and contact information;
- Include the following disclaimer (exact wording): This program is not sponsored by Mt. Diablo Unified School District and opinions are not necessarily those of the school district or school personnel. Este programa no esta patrocinado por el Distrito Escolar Unificado de Mt. Diablo y las opiniones no son necesariamente las del distrito escolar o las del personal en sus escuelas.
You may view Board Policy 1325 here.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed/text to parents and posted online.
- Ensure that your flyer meets the district Flyer Approval requirements above.
- Go to www.peachjar.com
- Register with Peachjar as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- Select desired schools.
- Upload your flyer to Peachjar for approval.
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the District for review and approval. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards previously described. Please allow up to 72 hours for the district office to approve or deny your flyer for distribution.
Instructions for School Sites Submitting Flyers Through Peachjar
Individual schools may post flyers for their site that promote information and events related to:
- Parent-Teacher Associations (PTAs); Parent-Faculty Clubs (PFCs)
- Booster Clubs
Each school site has its own Peachjar administrator who uploads these flyers. Please contact your school office if your flyer falls under one of the categories above.
NOTE: If a school will be having an event open to the entire community, schools may send e-flyers to the district office to send to other schools. The site Peachjar administrator may email your pdf flyer to email@example.com with a list of schools you want it sent to.
Information for Parents
Mt. Diablo Unified School District uses an electronic flyer distribution program called Peachjar. Peachjar replaces paper flyers. Through Peachjar, each school can send e-flyers to its families, and outside organizations can send approved e-flyers to families in the district. These e-flyers are also posted on each school’s website for at least one month. Look for the Peachjar link on your school’s website.
If you provided your email address to your school on your student’s contact information form this year, a Peachjar account has been established for you, and recently you should have received an email from Peachjar with your login information. This is provided so that you can manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to log in to receive or view e-flyers. If you did not provide your email address and would like to receive Peachjar e-flyers via email or text, please visit the Peachjar website to register to receive login information.
If you are not receiving emails from Peachjar, there are two possible reasons for this:
- Your email address is not on file with your school. Let your school office know to add your email address to the district contact form. You can also visit the FAQs below for other instructions on adding your email address to the Peachjar distribution list or resetting your password.
- The Peachjar emails are going into your spam folder or you can't see the images in the email. To prevent the e-flyers from going into your spam folder, add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your email contacts. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
Peachjar is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.